One of India’s best features of GST is it comes with an online website hosted for its taxpayers by the Government of India. Those days are now gone when taxpayers waited for the officer to come to the office to resolve the matters. Similarly, the waiting in a queue for the department officials to submit their monthly/quarterly returns is also gone. That queue to pay taxes even in banks. The GST portal is thus an online website for performing all such major activities online through the internet, such as obtaining registration for GST, filing returns, making payments, refunding taxes, etc.
To log into the GST portal, a valid username and password are required. By registering on GST Site, one can get a GST username and password. If you’re new to GST, see our GST Online Registration Process article to get yourself registered under GST. Check out our article by the Government of India on the official GST website www.gst.gov.in.
How to register for GST?
Taxpayers needing GST registration must apply for and obtain GST registration online via the website www.gst.gov.in. In India, therefore, GST registration is mandatory for all taxpayers with an aggregate turnover of more than Rs.20 lakhs per annum. Furthermore, taxpayers who have interstate sales or sales via the e-commerce portal may also have to obtain GST registration, regardless of the turnover criteria.
In the same way, the entire GST registration process can be completed online within 20-25 minutes on the portal www.gst.gov.in. Registration is also completely free and no registration fees need to be paid online. If you however appoint a specialist to do this work, he can charge his fees.
- To register online for GST, visit www.gst.gov.in and click on the ‘New Registration’ tab listed under ‘Services.’
- Enter information such as the form of personal profile, company name, state, email ID, mobile number and click ‘Continue.’
- To generate your Temporary Reference Number (TRN), use the OTPs you get on your mobile and e-mail ID.
- Click again on ‘New Registration’ and this time, use your TRN.
- Use the ‘Verification’ tab to edit your application, upload documents, enter information, and apply your application.
- Using the GST Application Reference Number that will allow you to test your application status in the future.
What is GST login procedure for first-time users?
- Visit www.gst.gov.in, and press the ‘Login’ button at your screen’s top right corner.
- Now enter the word ‘here’ in the line on the login page: First-time login: if you first log in, click here to log in.
- Enter your Provisional ID / GSTIN / UIN and password via email as provided.
- Enter the new username and password to be used in the future and click ‘Submit.’
- Go back to the login page and use your new credentials to login.
How to check GST status?
The Goods and Service Tax is a uniform and indirect tax levied on the provision of goods and services that replaces all other taxes such as central excise duty, state VAT, central sales tax, purchase tax, etc. Traders, suppliers, or service providers are expected to register to file returns under GST.
- Make sure you are registered under GST and have the GST Identification Number of 15 digits.
- Log-in to the portal on GST.
- Press the ‘Services’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Returns dashboard’ button and then fill in the financial year and the return filing date from the drop-down column.
- Now click on ‘Prepare online’ to select the return you want to file.
- If applicable, enter all the necessary values including the number and late fee.
- Once you have filled in all the details, click the ‘Save’ button and you will see a message of success shown on your screen.
- Click now on ‘Submit’ to file the return at the bottom of the page.
Online GST registration can easily be done by visiting the GST site. Filling the form on GST online portal is simple while at the same time allowing the expert to fill out the form with correct details and send the documents accordingly. Many of the taxpayers can not understand just a few of the terms when drafting GST registration. Therefore GST registration should be done with the aid of experts at the initial stage and here at Legaldocs, you can get done with your GST registration with an easy and fast process.
How to file for cancellation of GST Registration?
- Visit the URL: This will display https:/www.gst.gov.in/ Home Page.
- Login with your relevant user ID and password to the GST Portal.
- After logging in, navigate to the alternative Services > Registration > Registration Cancelation Method.
- Check the checkbox to declare that the information given in this form is true and correct and that nothing has been hidden from it.
- Choose the authorized signatory name from the drop-down Authorized Signatory Name.
- Enter the place from which to make this comment.
- Verify the information you have filled in using either the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or the EVC option
- Once the form has been successfully submitted, ARN no will be produced for future reference.
- To show the ARN, navigate to the option Services > Registration > Application Status Log.
After clicking on the Submit button with success. One message will appear as indicated in the screen below, i.e. “Your password has been reset successfully. Please login to the website using the new password. You can log in to the GST portal using the new password from next time.